What you should bring to your appointment
Gather your documents
- W-2s for each job held in 2014 for each person in the household. This form reports your name, wages, and other tax information to the IRS.
- 1099s showing other income (unemployment, social security, state tax refund, gambling winnings, contract work) that is reported to the IRS, if applicable.
- 1098s showing payments you’ve made (school loans, property tax).
- Income/Interest statements received for any savings account/investments.
- Bank account numbers: A voided check or your bank or credit union routing number or savings or checking account number for your refund to be deposited automatically into your account through direct deposit.
- Last year’s tax return (if you have it).
Collect information for everyone in your household.
- Name and taxpayer number as they appear on the Social Security Card (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letter for you and all dependents (including children and elderly relatives that you care for).
- Date of birth and relationship (son, daughter, mother, etc.).
- Current Identification (Driver’s license, State Id, Passport, Matricula ID).
Gather additional items to get a larger refund
- Childcare expenses: Name, address, Tax ID or Social Security number of the child care provider.
- Business expenses and assets if you’re self-employed or have a small business.
- College loans and/or scholarships received, and bills for technical/community college or university (Forms 1098-T/1098-E).
- Educator expenses for teaching grades K-12 (school supplies and materials used in the classroom).
- Charitable donations: List of contributions and amounts, receipts for contributions over $250.
- Vehicles: Vehicle sales tax, personal property tax statement for each car you own, total miles driven for the year and/or total miles driven for business.
- Renters: Amount of rent paid.
- Homeowners: Mortgage interest statement (Form 1098), real estate taxes paid, and statement of property tax payable in 2014.
- Retirement/IRA: Amount contributed to an IRA and total value as of December 31st, 2014.
Download this list so you can keep track of your documents before your visit!Download
Schedule Your Appointment Today!